Maximising The Power of Surveys For Successful Brand Building and Reputation Tracking
Surveys are a powerful tool for understanding the emotions and sentiments that drive brand loyalty and engagement. They provide invaluable insights that can continuously improve your company’s reputation and success.
At Sensu, we recognise the importance of surveys in capturing valuable data for reputation benchmarks and tracking. In this article, we’ll explore the best times to issue surveys and how to get the most from them.
The Best Time to Send a Survey, According to 5 Studies
Surveys are only effective if they are completed, which is why timing is crucial. Several studies have been conducted to determine the optimal timing for survey delivery. Let’s dive into the findings of these studies:
- CheckMarket Study: CheckMarket conducted a study focusing on the type of audience (B2B or B2C) and the length of the survey. They found that short surveys are best sent on Tuesdays, while long surveys are more effective on Wednesdays or Fridays. By avoiding weekends, surveys minimize disruption to participants’ schedules, increasing the likelihood of completion.
- SurveyMonkey Analysis: SurveyMonkey analysed customer surveys and internal employee surveys to determine the best time for higher response rates. They discovered that Mondays yield higher response rates for both customer and employee surveys. Mondays are advantageous as people are less overwhelmed with work and more likely to allocate time to complete surveys.
- GetResponse Research: GetResponse conducted research analysing 21 million emails sent from their United States accounts. Their data revealed that Thursday emerges as the peak day for open rates and click-through rates in email campaigns. Based on this insight, Thursday is considered an optimal day to send surveys.
- Zendesk Global Analysis: Zendesk conducted a global analysis of survey response rates based on the day of the week and time of day. They found that response rates across different days of the week were relatively consistent. However, surveys sent between 1:00 AM and 7:00 AM tended to have higher response rates. This suggests that early morning hours are a favourable time for survey completion.
- MailChimp Insights: MailChimp analysed data from their Send Time Optimization (STO) feature, which identifies the best time to send email campaigns. Their findings indicate that weekdays outperform weekends in terms of open and click rates. While any weekday is suitable, there is a slight peak in open rates on Thursday. Additionally, surveys sent around 10:00 AM tend to yield positive responses.
Summary of Findings: When to Issue Your Survey
|CheckMarket Study||Short surveys: Tuesdays; Long surveys: Wednesdays or Fridays|
|SurveyMonkey Analysis||Mondays yield higher response rates for both customer and employee surveys|
|GetResponse Research||Thursday emerges as the peak day for open rates and click-through rates|
|Zendesk Global Analysis||Response rates are relatively consistent across different days, with higher rates observed for surveys sent between 1:00 AM and 7:00 AM|
|MailChimp Insights||Weekdays outperform weekends, with a slight peak on Thursday; Sending surveys around 10:00 AM is beneficial|
Consider these recommendations while planning your survey distribution to optimise response rates and engagement.
Surveys as Part of Our Reputation Benchmarks and Tracking
Surveys play a vital role in our reputation benchmarks and tracking services. Here’s how we leverage surveys to gain actionable insights:
- Stakeholder Perception Analysis: We use targeted surveys to understand stakeholder perceptions, satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy. By capturing the opinions of customers, ex-members, staff, commercial partners, and the local community, we gain a comprehensive understanding of a brand’s reputation.
- Emotional Engagement Assessment: Surveys help us assess the emotional connections stakeholders have with a brand. We investigate the factors that trigger positive or negative emotions, providing businesses with valuable insights to enhance their brand messaging and experiences.
- Reputation Risk Identification: Through surveys, we identify reputation risks by uncovering negative experiences or perceptions. This enables businesses to address concerns and mitigate potential issues, safeguarding their reputation and maintaining stakeholder trust.
- Benchmarking and Trend Analysis: Surveys provide benchmarks for tracking reputation over time. By repeating surveys at regular intervals, we can measure changes in stakeholder perceptions and identify emerging trends. This data-driven approach empowers businesses to adapt their strategies to stay ahead.
- Customized Survey Design: We design surveys tailored to each client’s specific needs and objectives. Whether it’s a customer satisfaction survey, employee engagement survey, or brand perception study, our expertise ensures reliable and actionable data for reputation benchmarks and tracking.
By understanding the best times to issue surveys and incorporating them into reputation tracking, businesses can make data-driven decisions that enhance their brand success.
At Sensu, we combine the power of surveys with advanced analytics and industry expertise to provide our clients with a holistic understanding of their reputation landscape.
Contact us today to unlock the full potential of surveys and reputation tracking for your brand. Together, we can maximize your brand’s success through actionable insights and data-driven strategies.